Email marketing has been around for over ten years now, but with all the changing technology available, there are many new techniques and strategies you can apply to email in order to achieve an even higher ROI and conversion rate than was attainable in the past! In fact, one of the MOST important things you can do for your email marketing campaign is to invest in an ESP, or email marketing service provider. Even if your email list is small, start out with a reliable ESP so once your list grows to a few hundred or more recipients, you’ll have the technology already in place to automatically handle subscribes, bounces, and deliverability issues!
Here are a quick list of reasons you should be using an ESP instead of a regular email client such as Outlook.
1. List Management: Make it easy for yourself and others to subscribe to your list! With ESP’s you can automatically have new contacts added through your website, Facebook page, and more! As you are growing your list quickly, this will be very helpful!
2. High Deliverability: Your email client is not meant to sent out bulk emails to contacts and your messages may end up labeled as spam by ISPs, not even arriving into your recipients’ spam folders, much less their inboxes. ESPs are approved by ISPd as a legitimate, CAN SPAM compliant, permission-based email delivery service.
3. Ability to Create and Send HTML Messages: Most ESPs include several well-designed HTML templates for you to customize and use for your email campaigns. Save these templates to use over and over again so all of your messages are consistent!
4. Segmented Lists and Personalization Features: Target those individuals on your list with messages that are most relevant to them. This increases your click-thru and conversion rates – therefore increasing your ROI! With ESPs you can easily insert your recipients’ name, company name, past purchase history and other information directly into the message or subject line!
5. Automatic CAN SPAM Compliance: ESPs make CAN SPAM compliance easy by automatically inserting your physical address and unsubscribe information in the footer of the email, as well as automatically removing unsubscribes immediately so that you are in compliance with the 10 day rule!
There are so many other features that make an ESP your top choice for your email marketing! Give us a call and we can review more with you!