This policy is applicable to all Response WiseClient Services that may be used for transmitting bulk emails or commercial emails (“Client Services”).
You agree to Response Wise Anti-Spam Policy as a precondition to use of Client Services. Client Services may be used only for sending mails or messages to persons from whom you have an express permission to send mails or messages on the subject of such mail or message, such as permission-based email marketing. We are very serious about our Anti-Spam Policy. If we discover that you are sending emails or messages to people without their permission, we reserve the right to terminate your user account.
By “permission” we mean express and provable permission granted to you. A permission to send commercial emails may be through:
• Submission of email address as part of downloading anything from your website or ordering a product or service from you.
• Subscription to an email newsletter by filling a form on your website.
• Someone has provided you with the email address as part of participation in any contest, event or survey conducted by you and you have informed him/her that you would be sending them marketing emails.
• Any instance where a person completing a form has checked an opt-in checkbox indicating their willingness to be contacted by you through email, provided the checkbox is unchecked by default and you have informed such person that the nature of the emails will be commercial.
• Any business card given by a person who has expressed his/her willingness to receive emails of a commercial nature. Willingness to receive emails of a commercial nature will be presumed where the business card was dropped in your booth at a tradeshow.
The rule of thumb is “Do not use Client Services to send mails or messages to email addresses to which you do not have express permission to send emails on the subject of the email.” We insist on 100% compliance with the above rule.
When we say 100%, we do not include those instances where the recipient of an email has marked it as Spam although you have an express provable permission to send emails to that email address. Please keep in mind that a permission once granted is deemed to have been revoked if the recipient of a mailing list has opted out of receiving emails from you.
In particular, you shall strictly comply with the following rules, which clarify the Rule of Thumb mentioned above:
• You should have explicit permission to contact the recipient on the subject of your email. You shall maintain sufficient proof of the fact that you have received permission from all recipients of emails sent by you through Client Services.
• You shall not import or send emails to email addresses that you have bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired from a third party, irrespective of any claim about quality or permission, while using Client Services without consultation with a Response Wise representative. You shall also refrain from importing into your Client Services account or sending mails to email addresses you have collected from other websites without proper consent and verification from a Response Wise representative.
• You shall ensure that the routing and header information including your emails “From” and “To,” the originating domain name and email address are true and accurate.
• You shall not use subject lines that mislead the recipient about the contents or subject matter of the message.
• You shall include your valid physical postal address in all emails sent through Client Services.
• Legal and Real Estate Client Services shall include a conspicuous notice in all marketing emails that the message is an advertisement or solicitation and that the recipient can opt out of receiving more commercial emails from you.
We may, at any time, require you to prove that you have express permission to send emails to email addresses you have imported to your Client Services irrespective of whether you have sent marketing emails to such email addresses.
Your use of Client Services signifies your unconditional acceptance of this Anti-Spam Policy.
If you have any questions about our Anti-Spam Policy, or if you want to report spamming activity by one of our customers, please contact our abuse department at: email@example.com